Extreme Joy

Extreme Joy

Friday, December 31, 2010

Who Would Have Thought

This time last year who would have thought. . .
  • that my daughter would spend this New Year's Eve in the bush of Africa - Turkana - watching God's starry light show in the skies instead of bought fireworks
  • that I would actually be a published writer, having published stories or articles in "Chicken Soup for the Soul: Devotions for Mothers," "In Touch Ministries," Focus on the Families "Thriving Family" Magazine, and have devotions published online at christiandevotion.us
  • that I would have attended my first Writers Conference and receive 2 awards
  • that I would have survived a very difficult year financially and by the end of the year my husband would have a new job he LOVES and is already excelling
  • that I would be getting up before the sun to row on a rowing machine 5 days out of the week and loving it
These are a few highlights that come to my mind as I reflect on 2010. Some people like to reflect on the previous year while others are ready to plow on through to the next year. For me and my family I would have to say it's been a rough year, but when I think of the accomplishments, the blessings, the changes, the pruning, the fruit, and the provisions I see that God IS FAITHFUL. This brief reflection reminds me that when I can't see His hand, I must trust His heart! And I must ALWAYS remember His Word that says, "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope" (Jer. 29:11 NKJV).

May the Lord bless you and your family.
Happy New Year!

5 comments:

  1. Beth! Jer 29:11 is my life verse! I loved this blog! You are precious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praising the Lord with you, my friend. And who would have thought that the two paths of "old" friends would intersect once more? We know exactly Who orchestrated it...and probably smiled. I know I am! Renewing our friendship has been one of my 2010 highlights. Row on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a joy to watch your journey unfold! Can't wait to see what God does in and through you in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth, thank you for reminding me to ALWAYS remember the faithfulness of God. I am so proud of you - for your accomplishments, for your discipline and for remembering to laugh when things get tough. Whenever I get down, I think of the retreat when you and Dee Dee and I shared ministry stories and laughed til we cried. You are a blessing. Keep up the good work.

    Sweet blessings to you!
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth,
    This is a wonderful reflective post. It's amazing what God can do in a year's time, isn't it?
    I look forward to hearing what He does in 2011!
    ~ Alycia

    ReplyDelete